ACER Aspire One Netbook D250-1579 Fan
30 January, 2013 at 1:54 am in Buy & Sell
3. Turn the laptop over and remove the screws on the bottom that hold the keyboard in place. Flip the laptop over, open it, then lift the keyboard up and out. Unplug the flexible ribbon cable that connects the keyboard to the motherboard.
4. Remove the screws that hold the keyboard bezel and palm rest in place. Carefully pry loose any plastic snaps on the sides, then lift the bezel and palm rest up and out.
5. Unplug the Aspire One Netbook D250-1579 laptop cpu fan. Remove the screws that hold the heat sink and fan in place, then remove the entire unit from the laptop. Remove any thermal compound residue from the bottom of the heat sink and the CPU.
6. Apply a thin layer of thermal compound on the CPU, then replace the heat sink and fan. Replace the screws, plug the fan back in, then reassemble the laptop.
7. Plug the laptop in and turn it on. After you use it for a few minutes, you should hear the new replacement for ACER processor Aspire One Netbook D250-1579 fan running and feel warm air blowing from the vent on the side of the laptop. A laptop fan does not run continuously, so don't be concerned if the fan shuts off periodically.